Archive - Engine/Performance Parts List your Engine/Performance parts for sale within.

99 a4 1.8t running/no boost all performance parts less than 8months old

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 01:05 PM
1st Gear
Default 99 a4 1.8t running/no boost all performance parts less than 8months old

In late December I replaced the turbo-cat gasket. In doing so I broke a stud. In removing the turbo I broke a bolt. I had the broken bits machined and stuck the turbo back on. I had no boost but the car ran ok. Well the weather got worse and worse so finally I took it into a mechanic. He is telling me that the engine needs a ring job and there is possibly problematic as this is why I am getting no boost. During the boost leak test he notice all of the boost was coming out of the dipstick tube and oil filler. He also said the compression was 62 at the lowest and 70 at the highest. I do not know this mechanic but I find it strange that a mechanic can diagnose such a severe problem with only one hour of labor ( B oost leak test/compression test/ replace the N75 valve, fix a loose hose) But anyway bottom line is I do not want to sink the money into this particular car and I do not have the space or time to do that or to part the car out piece by piece. All the parts listed are less than 8 months old. The car has new tires, N75j valve, 3in stainless steel turbo back exhaust with test pipe,Forge adjustable diverter valve, front mounted intercooler, back exhaust with test pipe, polyurethane turbo inlet pipe, PCV system from 034 motorsports, Speed Tuning tuned ECU (the car was peaking at 17-18psi), K&N panel filter with a modified factory air box, New transmission multi-function switch, new throttle body, four wheel slotted cross drilled rotors with carbon/metallic pads, cd/dvd/navigation w/7in screen, Apexi turbo timer. I have the original window sticker. The car came with the factory sport package, the oil has been changed every 3500normally with Rotella T6, but twice with Mobil 1 and once with Royal Purple. The car always has a bosch, K&N, or Mobil 1 filter. The transmission has been flushed and the filter changed (rare on audis). The car was well taken care of it while I had it. As I said the car runs and drives just with no boost. There are no noises, no smoke or excess burning of oil. $1500

Old 03-16-2015, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

Where are you located at?