Archive - Engine/Performance Parts List your Engine/Performance parts for sale within.

FS: 4.2 v8 from 01 audi a6

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:53 AM
1st Gear
Default FS: 4.2 v8 from 01 audi a6

Hello,
First thing is the motor was blown. I swapped in a new motor and removed this thing. I bought the car with a blown motor so i am not 100% sure why it blew but i was told by the po car was stolen from him by kids and they didnt know how to use the slap shift so it was over revved and the insurance hooked up to the car and said the engine hit 283 degrees. There is still a lot of usable parts on the engine. Like complete fuel rail with injectors, caps and covers, oil filter/alternator/oil-antifreeze heat plate mount, other stuff like this. I have removed one valve cover and cams, and the cams were trashed, i removed lower oil pan and the plastic oil slosh thing had been melted. shoot me an offer for whole engine or specific parts. I want this thing out of garage. If not sold by 4-1-14 entire engine going in for scrap price and i will remove any external parts that i think i might need for my own motor. Engine had 158,XXX miles

TRADES: Stock/sport oem springs for 01 audi a6 4.2 quattro
Driver and center mirrors (not leaked/repaired)

Shipping: local pickup perfered (46725 ft wayne) I will help load (engine hoist/ junk tire method)
shipped thru fedex/ups (i will build crate/box parts and you will pay actual cost.)
Pictures upon request/sometime

Old 03-25-2014, 06:52 AM
1st Gear

Just wanted to add there is a complete intake assembly with fuel rail and injectors along with headers oil pans and all internal parts, (except for one set of cams on passenger side of motor)

Old 03-28-2014, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

price?

Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

I was thinking around 200 or even trade for sport springs for my car.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

Hey everyone, tomarrow is the last day i am willing to keep this engine. as stated tomarrow i will start to disassemble the engine completely, i mean everylast nut and bolt. I will be scrapping everything that i dont need anymore and keeping everything that i can apply to my engine externally. so here is the last chance to get the engine yourself. as for shipping like stated: paid by seller. Or i can deliver within +/- 100 miles of 46725 for 50c a mile on a weekend.