Archive - Engine/Performance Parts List your Engine/Performance parts for sale within.

Speed tuning chip $125

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
auh
1st Gear
Default Speed tuning chip $125

Hey guys,

I'm getting close to wrapping up my group buy for the infamous $125 speedtuning chip. We have 9 confirmed people. If you'd want to get in on this email me at groovy914 (at) gmail (.) com

I asked the owner of Speedtuning and he told me we don't have to stop at 10 people. I can ad on as many as people want so before this great price on a tune goes away, please let me know if you're interested! This is open to all audis, but the 125 is for the A4 with 1.8t motors.

A4 with the 2.8 the price is also 125
S4 with the 2.7t is 150

If you have a different car/motor let me know and I'll get a price for you

Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by auh
Hey guys,

I'm getting close to wrapping up my group buy for the infamous $125 speedtuning chip. We have 9 confirmed people. If you'd want to get in on this email me at groovy914 (at) gmail (.) com

I asked the owner of Speedtuning and he told me we don't have to stop at 10 people. I can ad on as many as people want so before this great price on a tune goes away, please let me know if you're interested! This is open to all audis, but the 125 is for the A4 with 1.8t motors.

A4 with the 2.8 the price is also 125
S4 with the 2.7t is 150

If you have a different car/motor let me know and I'll get a price for you

I shot you an email...i'm in as long as i can send the ECU on monday and have it back within the week!!!!!
-Pras-
B6 1.8t quattro

Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Default SpeedTuning ECU is in.

So, I sent the ECU in on Monday, via Priority Mail, they received the ECU on Wed. morning.

I hoped Oliver would send it out same day, but he couldn't. He did send it out on Thursday via Express Mail, and i just received it this morning (FridaY)...

Put it in, replaced the cabin air filter while I was in there, and car started right up...slightly high idle....so i let it idle and warm up to let the ECU do some adapting.

Took it out, and car felt totally different...main reason i wanted the ECU for my mom is that she wanted better throttle response....so the throttle response did improve ever so slightly..not as much as i would have liked, but it is noticeable.

biggest difference is in 3rd...car keeps pulling and pulling...turbo just comes alive....overall really happy with the improvements, esp considering the relatively low investment.

THE BAD/WEIRD: within about 15 minutes of driving aggressively, i got a CEL throwing a p0299, and p0141 pending....i did email oliver about this, because i never had the CEL even with aggressive driving, before i did the ECU swap

Any ideas would be appreciated...i cleared the codes, and I'll be daily driving the car for a week to make sure it's good to go....will will keep ya'll updated.

Otherwise, great service by SpeedTuning, as usual.....we have been using them for 7-8 years over on VolvoSpeed for basic tunes, so I already knew their product and service is good quality.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by prasamin
THE BAD/WEIRD: within about 15 minutes of driving aggressively, i got a CEL throwing a p0299, and p0141 pending....i did email oliver about this, because i never had the CEL even with aggressive driving, before i did the ECU swap

Any ideas would be appreciated...i cleared the codes, and I'll be daily driving the car for a week to make sure it's good to go....will will keep ya'll updated.
Any updates on the CEL issue?

Old 06-09-2012, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NSU TTi
Any updates on the CEL issue?
I have exhausted all of my options except for replacing the turbo, which I'm not really willing to do because I do hit 20psi of boost before the light comes on.

Steps I have taken are:
1. new diverter valve from dealer (upgraded TT version) and N249 bypass
2. complete tune up including copper core plugs gapped to .28, and new genuine audi coils, and brand new MAF from dealer
3. new PCV valve and pancake valves, seafoamed system before replacing.
4. boost leak tester....holding boost until 25psi, and then gradually goes down by about 1psi per second...no boost leaks now...had to replace jet suction pump with brand new one from dealer
5. new E version N75 valve from dealer

After this, the CEL still comes on for p0299....only after going hard or WOT a couple of times....if I drive normally with mild to moderate boost....i can drive forever without a CEL, but as soon as I get aggressive, the p0299 comes back within a few minutes and the car won't boost past about 8psi.

I'm at a loss now. Can't figure out what to do...I'm leaving for overseas tomorrow, so I don't have time to do much else, and I'm not willing to replace the turbo. The car is incredibly well maintained...in fact the diverter valve and N75 and MAF didn't really need to be replaced...there is no difference in performance....I'll have to wait until I come back in August/Sept.
The car will pass inspection because the readiness monitors are all good after driving a while without going WOT, so that's not an issue.

Just this underboost thing when I go aggressive. I'll have to Vagcom when i get back in september