Removing front license plate mounting - AudiForums.com

Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Default Removing front license plate mounting

I hope this is the right place to post this (I'm new here so be gentle)

Just took possession of a 2017 A4 Quattro and have removed the front license plate mounting which, of course leaves the remained in the grill with all the holes showing. Does anyone make a plate of sorts that can be mounted to cover the stuff still exposed. The dealer had no idea - that's likely to be because you are required to have front plate in the People's Republic of California and the dealer would get in trouble
Old 04-20-2017, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

Did you ever find a solution? I'm in the same boat with my 2016 Allroad A4 Quattro. I have seen so much conflicting information about how to deal with this, but every model seems to be different. For my car (based on VIN), the dealer told me I would have to order the entire grill assembly (European version) which is about $750. Not going to happen! I'm hoping to find some ideas and solutions through the Audi Forums.