Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

S5 Silver Grill on an 2014 S5..Do the Hong Kong (cheaper) grills work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default S5 Silver Grill on an 2014 S5..Do the Hong Kong (cheaper) grills work?

Hey All,

Just spend my load on a 2014 S5. I decided a long time ago...that if I ever got one...I'd replace the S5 grill...with the RS5 grill.

I've seen the $ 1,200 OEM ones...but I just can't justify spending that much on a plastic grill. A Google search lead me to dozens of

them on Ebay...but most of the affordable ones come from China. I've had mixed results ordering parts from there....

Has anyone purchased and installed (or have installed) the less expensive ($ 300) grills off of Ebay?

Also...any recommended shops in the Phoenix AZ area that can install it? Looking for a shop to paint my calipers as well.

Thanks in advance!

Dwayne

Old 05-11-2017, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

Most parts I have purchased on ebay have been decent. even if they don't fit perfectly, they can normally be encouraged to fit with some effort and a file. possibly some glue. if the part is flat out wrong, ebay will force the seller to take it back. even if they do not accept returns. I have done this a few times in the past and ebay has prevailed every time. and I have gotten my money back. so that is the worst case scenario. but I have also gotten many great parts for great deals. if you can find one with a good rating on it, give that a shot. if not, then the worst is that you will have to open a case on ebay. Also, painting calipers is really really easy. if you have a jack and jackstand, you can do it with a can of caliper paint and some tape and cleaner. if you don't want to do that, try to find a custom paint shop and see if they will do it. If you don't want to install the grill yourself, try to find a sport tuning shop in your area. as most mechanics don't like to mess with aftermarket stuff. Although some do. so if you can't find a sport tuning shop, then call around to mechanics. I have heard of people getting aftermarket accessories installed at dealers, but I personally would not. they are good at the cars in their factory state, but they don't like to mess with aftermarket normally. and if they do, they will for sure charge you way too much for it.