Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the new forums here.

How Not to Engage With Your Customers

Old 10-24-2010, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Default How Not to Engage With Your Customers

A message directed at Internet Brands, owners of AudiForums.com.

http://brianstorms.com/2010/10/how-n...customers.html

Old 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Senior Administrator

I'd be willing to bet that that email you got was, as you mentioned on the other page, from a bot; not from internet brands. Malformed links... A poorly constructed bot, at that. I've been off this site for months at a time and never received ANY emails from IB. IB is big enough not to have to send emails to members/users from a gmail account. That should have been your 1st clue. Hell, the company I work for in my day job has only 12 employees, including the prez, VP, etc., and WE have our own domain. As far as THAT goes, *I* have my own domain (no email client set up, just yet, tho, since I'm kinda busy managing a full-time and part-time career, and coming by here to *try* to Admin & stuff, too). Don't just rail because you're mad, do like YOU suggested, on your blog... Think about it.

As far as not having a Q5 section, you're the first I've seen/heard asking about it. We'll get one up, maybe later rather than sooner, because it IS an Audi model; but you should also understand that, just like me, the Admins around this joint are volunteers. Not paid hacks. We HAVE day-jobs.

IB's got a grip-and-a-half of forums (as I'm sure you know) that they own; not just AF. It's a user-moderated community, by design.