Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the new forums here.

Site advertisments

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Site Moderator
Default Site advertisments

Isn't it a little much? I mean... Come on... All these google ads and side/top/bottom banners are sort of killing the experience for me. I can hardly freely move my mouse around without accidentally pointing on a google "key word" and something pops up soliciting me. I just want to know how audizine and audiworld can get away with no/minimal ads, yet still function. Another thing is, this site is not quick. It's border line slow. Every other site I go to on my comp is lightning quick. I have a cable connection, so it's not that. I'm just really getting sick and tired of the ads being plastered everywhere I go on this site. You know, I did not come here to be reminded to not miss the deadline to register to vote. I did not come here to do a Microsoft Live Search in hopes that I can get some cash back. If anyone is wondering "what happened to this site and all the quality members?" well I can tell you that a lot of them have gone to audizine and audiworld, and I know for a fact that some were motivated to do so because of this sites excessive spam, ads, and slowness. It seems like this place is becoming more spam/sponsor/advertisement motivated rather than Audi driven. I'd like to know what the owner/operators of the site are going to do about this, because it is a real problem not just for me. This site is losing members by the day.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Do you use Firefox? Its a web browser, if you do pm me I got a solution for you and if you dont you should its better than Internet Explorer but chea pm me got a perfect solution..

And by the looks of the way the site is ran it seems like they dont give a **** about us members here because there are issues, the same issues still going on and no fixing..

Last edited by YounGMessiah; 09-30-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Site Moderator

Like I said, it's just AF that I have slowness and issues with. Every single other site I could go to is fine. It seems like the slowness is at least partly due to loading the advertisments. It does seem like the the owners are more interested in advertising placement, etc. rather than keeping us audi enthusiests in the loop about Audi's. Audizine and Audiworld give the latest Audi industry news and concepts, etc. Not once have I ever seen an ad on their sites that is trying to get me to switch auto insurance, look at an Acura review, etc. It's no wonder this site has so many spammers. It seems this place is becoming more about traffic #'s than anything else. Highly disturbing.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-30-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

+1 to both

Old 09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Administrator

AudiForums and AudiWorld are owned by the same company, and aside from the unique software at AW, the advertising programs are run the exact same way. The ads on this site havent changed in years...and we dont have control over what goes in the google banners..only the top banner and the tile banners.

Since the upgrade, the site is faster than it was before for most people, but we are still working out bugs from the upgrade. We are aware that the speed is an issue, and it is being worked on...

Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Site Moderator

The advertising programs may be the same, but Audiworld doesn't plaster them everywhere. Please take a look here and tell me they are even remotely close to being the same format as far as advertisments. Same programs, fine, whatever, but I don't get bombarded with popup google ads there and threre arent annoying side bar ads which are irelivent to Audi's and take time to load. I understand wanting to get the most out of a web site in every way, but it appears that google ads and side bar ads which are totaly irrelivant and not an interest to most members are what is the priority, not Audi specific news, ads, concepts, etc. Why is it that our sponsors are so generic? Why can't we get reps from ECS, purems, etc like we used to have? If they are still sponsors, why arent they active?

The ads certainly have changed throughout the years. Ads by google w/key words is something very new to the site, and I believe it's a big part of the problem.

Asside from all that, the top site name bar has not changed at all, ever that i know of. Don't you think it's about time we get a pics of something other than a B5/B6 chasis interiors and maybe a more appealing "Audiforums.com" tag on top?

I've felt for a while now like this site is getting left behind in the audi blog community. So I try to think of reasons why. I have stated all the reasons for which I think this is happening. It's all out of concern, not because I like flaming.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-30-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Site Moderator

This is what I meant when refering to "key words". It turns peoples posts into a advertisment for something totaly unrelated if someone by chance moves their mouse the wrong way. It's a huge turn off that you guys use that kind of advertising. This is not something you guys have always used.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

tru! def the worst part of the site

Old 09-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Administrator

We have been using the vibrant keyword ads for at least 4 years. If you click the question mark at the top of that popup box, there is a link to disable them...many many sites use the vibrant ads, and some people do not like them, so that is why they have the disable option.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Patrick
AudiForums and AudiWorld are owned by the same company, and aside from the unique software at AW, the advertising programs are run the exact same way. The ads on this site havent changed in years...and we dont have control over what goes in the google banners..only the top banner and the tile banners.

Since the upgrade, the site is faster than it was before for most people, but we are still working out bugs from the upgrade. We are aware that the speed is an issue, and it is being worked on...
You say its being worked on? I think thats false..I know websites, servers, forum softwares and such and I can tell you arent doing much at all on this site..Come on im not trying to flame but I enjoy this site and its falling down and I wanna see it like how everyone described it used to be..

And why dont you use Invision Power Board: http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/index.html

Its more cleaner to use and the members here wont complain as much.
Oh its more user friendly and easier to understand..

Quick Reply: Site advertisments