General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

*2002 Audi A4 Help Needed*

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:30 PM
1st Gear
Default *2002 Audi A4 Help Needed*

2002 Audi A4 1.6 Petrol - 135k miles

Not too mechanically minded so forgive me, tried A4 forum but no response yet.

Have been having problems the last 6 weeks approx, was driving away down the road and the car started losing power(kind of like i had taken my foot off the accelerator when i had not) and it would struggle for a few seconds then pick up with a burst of power and go away fine again but it would keep happenin. It would never cut out but you feel like it could, took it to the garage, nothin showed up on the computer when plugged in, so he serviced it looked thru and only changed the injection filter as he thought that was it.

Went fine again for a week but started happening again so took it to my local garage 2 weeks ago who is more old school, he thought it might be the coil leads, so i got them done and 2 days later the problem was still there, thought on here would probably be the best place to ask because im only throwin money down the drain with people guessin putting stuff in.

Yesterday i drove 25 miles into the city and it drove in perfectly with no problem but on the way home it started doing it again, just losing power for a second or 2 and takin off again but it does it a few times. Could drive away for a few days with it not happening and then it could do it non stop for 2/3 days, i never feel like the car is going to stall now but did at the start but am a bit annoyed that the garages cant pinpoint the issue.

Am i right in thinking it is prob an air sensor/air mass meter issue or do ye think its something else?

Thanks for help