AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/)
-   -   02 A6 2.7t o2 sensor replacement. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/02-a6-2-7t-o2-sensor-replacement-138331/)

mxjess 09-08-2009 10:32 AM

02 A6 2.7t o2 sensor replacement.

Looking for a DIY post for a 02 A6 2.7t o2 sensor replacement.

matasci 10-25-2009 02:52 PM

its on the exhaust. unplug the connector, wrench the sensor off and replace it. if its hard to get off spay it with wd40.

p.s. if you have an o2sensor code replacing it is not always the answer.

Audi Tek 11-01-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by matasci (Post 1143594)
its on the exhaust. unplug the connector, wrench the sensor off and replace it. if its hard to get off spay it with wd40.

p.s. if you have an o2sensor code replacing it is not always the answer.

If it were only that easy....

There are 4 of them...

B1S1 is on the pass side front, removed the air tube coming out of the air box.
B1S1 is on the pass side rear, accessible under the car
B2S1 is on the driver side front. Accessible from on top, its the hardest one to get to. I used a really long extenstion and get at it from the passenger side.
B2S2 is on the driver side rear. Under the car

jhuffman 02-15-2010 10:48 PM

today I pull codes p1458 exhaust gas temp sensor-- short to ground.
p1131 and p1113 both pre cat 02 sensors-- internal resistance too high

I have been pulling the 02 sensor codes for a while and I just cleared the misfire codes I was getting by changing the plugs. What exactly does internal resistance too high mean and how is it effecting performance. Also, there is a chance that the EGT sensor is related to the 02 sensor problem (improper air/fuel mixture) but a short to ground doesn't sound like a voltage implausible code. When I accelerate hard I feel a stuttering that I believe is related to the EGT sensor (the spikes tell the ecu to retard the timing). What do you guys think? Replace both 02's and or EGT sensor?

p.s. im only seeing a short for 1 EGT but it makes sense to replace both right

JBone23 07-15-2011 08:03 PM

Same Exact Problem on Same car

Originally Posted by jhuffman (Post 1176638)
today I pull codes p1458 exhaust gas temp sensor-- short to ground.
p1131 and p1113 both pre cat 02 sensors-- internal resistance too high

I have been pulling the 02 sensor codes for a while and I just cleared the misfire codes I was getting by changing the plugs. What exactly does internal resistance too high mean and how is it effecting performance. Also, there is a chance that the EGT sensor is related to the 02 sensor problem (improper air/fuel mixture) but a short to ground doesn't sound like a voltage implausible code. When I accelerate hard I feel a stuttering that I believe is related to the EGT sensor (the spikes tell the ecu to retard the timing). What do you guys think? Replace both 02's and or EGT sensor?

p.s. im only seeing a short for 1 EGT but it makes sense to replace both right

Hey jhuffman,

I know this is an old topic and post, but if you're still following this thread, I would love to know if you ever figured out the problem you were having. My car just started stuttering like you said and I'm getting all the same codes with misfires in cyl 1-5. THIS SUCKS!! Any suggestions?

Considering replacing all 6 coils, and maybe both pre-cat O2 sensors. Not sure if this is the best plan.

Thanks

carbonhornet 07-28-2011 02:11 PM

dont replace the coils they usually dont go bad. it probably is an ignition control module. there are two of them and they are located on the top of the airbox. buy one of them and swap it back and forth with the new one until your car runs better. called and icm for short should be a 10 min job. ( o and make sure you use the electrode grease that comes with it or it may short the new one pretty quick.:D

ps here is what it looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...#ht_3212wt_939