General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

4 grand to fix mu audi !

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 AM
1st Gear
Default 4 grand to fix mu audi !

Hi this is really an sos , really need some guidance about my car. I am not a car 'expert' so bear with me. My husband bought me an audi a3 quatro 3.2 s line 3 weeks ago its a 2005 one. We got it from a used car place and not a dealer. For the first 2 weeks it was fine then i noticed when i was sat at traffic lightss it was juddering as if it was going to cut out (its an automatic) . We took it to get check out and they told us to take it for a fast blast on motorway. We did , things returned to normal then days later it did it again and an orange emission light came on. It was plugged into a machine and we had the coil packs replaced at our trusted local garage he then cleaned everything but said he felt it wasnt right so we should take it to audio and get it plugged into this machine. Today they ring up and say they 'think' they have the problem its a timing fault so with parts and labout it 4 thousand pound. My husband disagrees with the diagnosis as the car only judders when stationay and its not all the time. Audi did offer to put me through to the sales team ! Any thoughts , no way i can pay the 4 grand , could try selling the problem on but i would like to get it fixed. Its my first audi and this has really put me off them.
Thanks in advance for any advice
jo