General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 A6

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
1st Gear
Default 99 A6

ok I went to check out the A6 I want yesterday, and tomorrow, I"m going back to dealer.
I didn't see any oil leak around valve cover, engine sounded good,
CV boots are good suspension parts are still in good condition.
I saw low tirepressure yellow on the dash so didn't see anything else through DIS.
what I want to know since I'm a newbie to the audi world,
where is the ODBII connector on A6? as I see everyone using VAG-COM
so I can run diagnostic when I go tomorrow and check.

if everything in satisfactory, I'll definatly want to purchase it so if anyone know the info, please let me know.

thanks in advance,
and yeah first post I had, had nice information, anyone posted thank you as well it was very good when I was checking out the car, I was able to check lot of tihng that I would missed when I normally checks it, it was something specific and was useful.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: 99 A6

You have a VAG-COM?
The connector is under the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 AM
1st Gear

hello carhawk,

well I had obdII reader and picked up the P0411 so dealer is fixin that. other than that maintenance is done well and car runs very well.

I'm planning to buy the vag-com soon though I haven't got it yet.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

its under the steering wheel to the left. The 99 a6 will run you many many quirky problems. Spent 9k in repairs on same model in three years of buying with 68k mi. Hope for better results. As these are incredible driving cars and all weather cars they are expensive to own.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:34 AM
1st Gear

yep I found it. I know most of the car has it same place but volvo is on center console. so I thought it might be different. I connected only P0411 code, I checked and that was repaired previously. and mechanic didn't clear the code. I'll recheck it and make sure though.

I'm thinking of buyin the repair manual and also vag-com so I can learn more about the A6.
I've been working on imports and chevy so pretty handy with tools and also having 3 mechanic friends help keepin cost on labor.

PS, crazyhawk, I'm sorry didn't realize until now.. I misspelled your name totally.