General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

"Adaptive Cruise" // and did I get ripped off by a dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:29 PM
1st Gear
Default "Adaptive Cruise" // and did I get ripped off by a dealer?

I bought a 2015 S4 from an out of state dealer and just got the car.

The reason I bought out of state was because I could not find an S4 in the old interior style, with adaptive cruise and in the color I wanted. So I bought a pre-owned from a dealer (car has 8500 miles on it)

The listing included the following features (below) but it doesn't have the autonomous cruise control using radar, it just has "regular cruise"

-Prestige Package
-Drivers Assist Package
-Adaptive Cruise Control

My question is, does Audi call "regular cruise" "Adaptive Cruise Control", or does the car need to include "Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go"?

I'm trying to determine if this was an error on my part (stupidly should have confirmed in writing or via a photograph to verify it had the feature I wanted.

Unfortunately the dealer took the listing down from their site so I have very little if any proof that this feature was listed, and it was not in the contract, so I may not have any recourse.

the one peice of "evidence" I have is the secondary window sticker says "Adaptive Cruise Control". This is a "secondary sticker" on the windshield (possibly added by the dealer), NOT the official "window" sticker. Unfortunately the window sticker does not mention "Adaptive Cruise Control".

Any advice from you guys?

Old 06-06-2016, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

Does your car have a black ball in a box at the bottom of the grill? You listed 3 cruise controls and that is correct there really are three.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:15 AM
1st Gear

I've determined the car does not have the Driver's Assist package nor ACC, and the dealer admitted 100% fault saying "it was a clerical error".

Now I'm going to deal with the pain of getting them to take the car back and refunding all of the fees and taxes, cancelling the car loan etc. Brutal. I decided I do not want the car if it doesn't have ACC...

Old 06-07-2016, 07:35 AM
2nd Gear

Check the option codes listed on the sticker in the spare tire well in the trunk. It will be a white label with the VIN Engine/Trans combinations and a list of 3 digit number letter combinations below that. You can look those up on the net and it will tell exactly what options the car was built with. The adaptive cruise control, whatever the code is, should be listed on that sticker. If it's not, the car does NOT have it. That is unless it was installed afterwards. That is unlikely though.