General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi a3 1.8t quattro help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 05:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi a3 1.8t quattro help

Hello, i e recently come in a possesion of an audi a3 1.8t quattro 150ps limited edition... Or whel i was told its a limited edition was soposedly made only for one year.

Now the car has a few problems and i dont know how to go about them, and how much it will cost.

1. Missfire on 3rd and 4th cylinder
2. Secondary air injection sysytem valve "a" circuit stuck open

I used an odb 2 bluetooth and in emission readines its showing incomplete for
Catalyst
Ecaporative system
Sec. Air system
O2 sensor

Now the car is running really rough its really alarming to my ears its not how a car should run.
Also smokes from the exhaust just a little it, its not blue smoke its white. But this doesnt happen all the time.

The pcv system is also faulty, and the previous owner added a catch can, but i think it gets filled with oil way too soon,,, like a week or so.

Also while under full gas the boost is jumping i have a boost meter it goes up to 0.5 the jumps over to 0.8 and then falls to like O.4 and does thiss always when on full gas.

The esp system is also going crazy while on, at 10kmh in a corner it would sometisem start breaking the car on its own.

I think some sensor for the quattro might be bad thats why the esp also gives probs, since when u go reverse the car would sometimes break on its own even when esp is off.

As ive seen in this limited edition it uses a haldex system for quattro similar to 4motion.

I can add pics from the faults i get from obd2 when i get from work.
I did my best to describe what i know, please ask whatever u want i will do my best to provide.

Please help me i would really love to keep this car.

Last edited by Igor5336; 06-02-2016 at 05:55 AM.