General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi A4 Fronttrak Snow Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Question Audi A4 Fronttrak Snow Problems

My Audi A4 (fronttrak) is ridiculously horrible in the snow. It's embarrassingly bad. We had 5-inches here and I've had to dig myself out of spots and get PUSHED three times already.

Apart from getting snow tires, and buying an audi with quattro next time, what can I do to circumvent this from happening every time it snows?

Thank you!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

I think you covered all your options there.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Administrator

That's about all you can do. Do a search around your area for shops that sell used tires, and check the local Craigslist also - you may be surprised at what you find.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Buy snow tyres, it saves your life and other unpleasant moments

Hi there:

Get some snow tyres, they worth every pennies you spent on them. Quattro is great but your car is as good as the shoes(tyres) it wears in the snow. Would you go outside and walk in the snow with your Gucci leather dress shoes? I think not, get your Audi a pair of mountain hiking boots so it can perform the QUATTRO function . Tirerack has many snow tyres options, cheapest ones will be Firestone's Winterforce or the General Altimax Arctic, both pretty reasonable snow tyres. More expensive ones are Nokian, Gislaved, Semperit and Vredestein but Tirerack doesn't sell them though . Good luck!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by phoenixlegend
Hi there:

Get some snow tyres, they worth every pennies you spent on them. Quattro is great but your car is as good as the shoes(tyres) it wears in the snow. Would you go outside and walk in the snow with your Gucci leather dress shoes? I think not, get your Audi a pair of mountain hiking boots so it can perform the QUATTRO function . Tirerack has many snow tyres options, cheapest ones will be Firestone's Winterforce or the General Altimax Arctic, both pretty reasonable snow tyres. More expensive ones are Nokian, Gislaved, Semperit and Vredestein but Tirerack doesn't sell them though . Good luck!
His A4 is NOT Quattro, just FWD...

Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by AtlasAudi
My Audi A4 (fronttrak) is ridiculously horrible in the snow. It's embarrassingly bad. We had 5-inches here and I've had to dig myself out of spots and get PUSHED three times already.

Apart from getting snow tires, and buying an audi with quattro next time, what can I do to circumvent this from happening every time it snows?

Thank you!
I would add chains to the list for these moments where you need... chains!