General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi Help! Shops and some other stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Default Audi Help! Shops and some other stuff.

Hi everyone!

Let me first say I hope this is the first post to some great conversations and advice.

Now, let me throw out my problem. Up until 2 days ago I was sold on purchasing a 02 S500. Until I realized it would be impossible for me to not be able to drive a manual car. I just sold my m3 so I have been use to performance and a bit of luxury. Up till now I have really been wanted a 4 door sedan. (Ie S500) but they do not come in manuals.

Let me just get down to it - S4 heard great things about them,
1- 6speed 2- Bi-turbo (peformance) 3- 4 door It has everything I want! Some other questions I am located in San Diego Where are the shops at???? I would like to put a stage 3 turbo kit on as soon as possible but the shops seem to be all on the east coast! Where do I go for West coast shops?? (also what are some ture HP numbers you can get out of a S4?
Also Bodykits buy online or once again any shops?

Now the honest Questions - Anything you wish you new prior to buying a Audi? How is the handling on this cars and the comfort levels?

Thank you for you time. I apologize for any repeat questions.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi Help! Shops and some other stuff.

OK... This is huge!!!

Did you try searching the archives before you posted this question? And why did you post it here? This is an S car forum question.

Anyway... quickly:
Don't know of any shops in your area, but I'm sure there are some in So Cal somewhere. I know some guys have been getting work done out there.

HP can be anywhere from high 300's to as much as 500 at the crank that I've heard. It depends on how crazy you want to go.

Most bodykits are bought online and then painted and fitted at a local bodyshop.

Check the DV's and upgrade them if they are stock. Do the same with the TBB. Change the oil to synthetic if it isn't already and change it often. Get a boost gauge and monitor your boost levels. Buy a VAG-com and use it - the best investment for the maintenance of your car. You didn't mention which S4, so... the '00 S4 has an F-hose - get it replaced with an upgrade.

The handling is super - it can be made better IF you want to track the car with a set of coilovers, but it's not necessary otherwise. The comfort is high level.

Final note: If you go for the big turbo upgrade, know that you should consider all the related parts that will be stressed by the added power = clutch, flywheel, brakes.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:36 AM

Thanks Imolas4,

Sorry about the wrong area I was not too sure I was thinking S4 area but then I was like well it has a general questions too so???

Also who would be someone to go to for the Turbo upgrade? Any sites for the body kits?

Old 05-25-2004, 02:13 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilvurrS4

Thanks Imolas4,

Sorry about the wrong area I was not too sure I was thinking S4 area but then I was like well it has a general questions too so???

Also who would be someone to go to for the Turbo upgrade? Any sites for the body kits?
No problem bro. I always give newbies slack the first time around.

There are a few tuners that are doing turbo upgrades, but to start with your research, I'd check with the following:

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/index.html

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/audi/index.cfm

http://www.pes-tuning.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=AP

For body kits, two come to mind. One in Canada and the other in PA:

http://www.lltek.com/

http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/products.asp

Old 05-25-2004, 02:21 AM
3rd Gear

By the way: Don't forget to register at AudiWorld, too. There is a huge archive of info and tech articles you can look up at that site. The guys there can be a bit snobby, but sometimes you get sincere responses. You can find me there as "2000imolas4". It's as big as VWVortex, so it's best to just use it as a resource site for searching out tech articles. As I said, VWVortex is great for searching, too. You can find me there as "taimolas4". Audizine is OK, too, but it tends to be a bit young - young guys with young attitudes. I don't post there, but at every other forum, like this one, I am "ImolaS4".