General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi quattro converting questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi quattro converting questions

Hi guys
I done a quick search and in the end I wasn't sure where to put this so I made a new thread. So anyway.. I am new to this forum and I need some of questions answered. Well let's make a start...
Q1 can I convert an automatic a6 c6 model with paddle shift to a straight manual gearbox ? If so is there much changing required ? Apart from a new gearbox obvisouly
Q2 what is the biggest turbo I can put in it ? It is the quattro model with 3.0 TDI or hopefully a 4.2 ..
Q3 what us the best engine I can get in an a6 quattro ? I find it hard to find a 4.2 model here in Ireland so what us the biggest after the 4.2 ?
Q4 what do people think of the automatic gearbox with paddle shifters in the Audi a6 c6 compared to a manual ? I would prefer someone who knows from experience.. BUT EVERYTHING HELPS !!
Q5 are there any things I should look out for when buying an a6 c6 ?
And just so ye know I haven't bought the a6 c6 yet which is why I am sussing different things out before hand ..
When I get it it will hopefully end up with around 300 BHP. and lowered by 40mm or so and tint windows and add interior entertainment extras ect... Any information on these cars is very much appreciated .. Thanks for taking the time to read this .. I hope to get most answers (money isn't really a concern anymore either ) thanks again !!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:35 AM
1st Gear

Anyone ?? I was also wondering how good the automatic and tiptronic are ? I.e do they alow the engine to rev up well before changing gear ? .. I think I found a nice one but it doesn't have much extras .. Eg cloth seats, no elctric seats no heated seats..
But it is what I am looking for .. A manual gearbox 3.0 TDI quattro ..
Does anyone know an Audi dismanterler in Ireland who might have electric heated seats that I could transfer ? I am only thinking of ideas and have not bought the car yet. Thanks again

Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

I think if I was in the market for a engine, I would have to go with a GM LS-1 with a 6sp. It is compact for a v8 and to start off with a under-rated 300 hp. This setup would have to be rwd, but what a fun car