General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Belt noise! Need help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Belt noise! Need help asap!

PLEASE help me diagnose this noise. I replaced a valve today that surprisingly quieted my engine a little, only now I hear this noise! I think it is a pulley or bearing, but not sure if it is on the fan or the belt. If you look close to the pulley on the belt, it appears to wobble a little, but I am not sure if this is my problem. Any help on this issue is appreciated!!!

Here are the 2 videos, one at the engine bay, and one inside the cabin:

Cabin (this noise is the same as in the engine area, it will help you pinpoint what you are listening for) :

Engine :

Sorry that the noise is so loud in the engine video, microphone to the camera is sensitive.

Also: When I say "that air is freaking hot," the fans at the front of the engine kick on and blow all the air up, on my hands. Is it normal for that air to be that hot? It was really hard to keep my hands there and I had to back up and hold the camera at an angle a little to get the shot without getting burned.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

possibly the tensioner? does it look like it's moving too much? Im at a loss here, and I need to figure this out, so I can decide if its a good idea to drive my car! I don't want any belts blowing.

Last edited by AlyAudi03; 10-13-2012 at 11:03 PM.