General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

on board diagnostics code

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default on board diagnostics code

okay, so i just found out about the on board diagnostice on my AC screen and i checked it out to see what it told me cause i have SO much crap screwed up on my car from the previous owner (i have a 2000 A4 1.8T FWD manual) and i tried code one which is diagnostics and it gave me 50.1. when i went back to the chart to see what it meant, it wasn't even on the list! it doesn't halp me at all!

but that's not all. i also tried on code number 52 and 53(A/C compressor and climate system respectively) and it gave me 0 and 111 (also respectively) and they ALSO were not on the list! does anyone know what they mean? i really wanna know what's up with my car! my cruise control doesn't work, my "brake" light is solid with my e-brake up and when i put it down it flashes and doesn't stop. my ABS light is on and won't turn off, my airbag light is on and won't turn off. the previous owner spilt coke on the center console so most of the vents and teh buttons for the A/C is sticky and won't come back out. the fan for my A/C won't turn on so the A/C only works "decent" when i drive. the front bumper for some reason is hanging forward a bit so when i use the headlamp washers it gets stuck open and in then it gets stuck and pops off so i have to keep finding it in the road before someone runs over it. there's no manual ANYWHERE in the car(i've checked it all, trust me), i can't find the endcaps for my stock 16" rims ANYWHERE!(i can get the rims, but not the endcaps! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) i have a CDC button so i guess i have the CD changer, but the previous owner took out the magazine so i got NOTHING! i don't know if the cable's there or not to connect the magazine, but either way, i've got the little compartment back there, and i'm using it to keep my jumper cables :-) i also don't have the medi pack or the jack! if i get a flat, i'm SCREWED! anyways, can someone help me out, PLEASE?!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:02 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: on board diagnostics code

actually, i'm sorry. the 50.1 that i got was on option 86. the diagnostics code for system malfunction is option 1. i did it the right way and i got 10, which is STILL all messed up! :-( please, help me out techs!