General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

BOV's, DV's and the Audi closed loop turbo system.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
1st Gear

I have an a4 B6 1.8t , having major problems with the turbo. About 3 months ago I took it to the Audi dealer because it was not boosting , it turned out that the boost cutoff valve and the n75 valves were bad , I told them to replace them . Car was running good until the check engine light turned on the code was that it was running too lean , after struggling to find out y it was running lean , I found that 1 of the nipples on the n249 was broken and the dv valve was not hooked up to vacuum. I went out to the dealer and purchased the valve and plugged everything where is supposed to be following the vacuum diagram from a service manual and the car will not boost . As soon as I unhook the dv vacuum line it starts to boost again . Any suggestion I would highly appreciate . Thanks I'm running out of options please help.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

this is a great guide, just what I've been looking for

Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

My two cents I have the forge hybrid dv\bov and I'm really happy with the performance of it. Of course the car is designed to work with a dv and not a bov so the emissions test fails in atlanta and cel codes come up when i have the bov on but when i put the cap on and go into full dv mode i pass emissions and have no codes

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 AM
1st Gear

hey im looking for some help im hoping you can help me, i have a 2000 audi s4, first audi i have ever owned, i want a better dv sound, mine is just stock -_- so its kinda sad sounding, any help? i was hoping to not spend over $100.00

Last edited by CodieBob; 12-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CodieBob
hey im looking for some help im hoping you can help me, i have a 2000 audi s4, first audi i have ever owned, i want a better dv sound, mine is just stock -_- so its kinda sad sounding, any help? i was hoping to not spend over $100.00
If you are looking for sound and you aren't hearing any clogging, then don't worry about upgrading your dv as its really not going to do anything. Get yourself a cone filter, install that in place of the stock air box, it's going to do for performance and for sound.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

The most common reason for replacing them is the spring gets weak or the diaphragm begins to leak and the boost pressure then flows through the DV creating a longer path the boost pressure has to pressurize which decreases initial boost and will cause boost lag.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nogaroblur
so there is now way to get the PSHHHH sound with out sacrificing drivability? do any chips enable the ability to install blow of valves?
You aren't sacrificing drivability, simply change the your dv/bov or add a conf filter. Neither of those are going to have a negative affect.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

Fore warning, if you completely eliminate your diverter valve in favor of the boy racer blow off valve, expect a CEL at worst or increased boost lag at best. All VW/Audi's are mapped to have the boost pressure recirculating on off throttle application and by releasing all that boost to the atmosphere you will have increased turbo lag once you get on the accelerator again or even cause fuel trim faults. Stick with a cold air intake and you will get the audible satisfaction you are looking for and not cause a CEL or increased boost lag. My opinions only.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

Turbo Conversion is now available for the Audi B8 A4/A5 & Q5 2.0 TFSI Valvelift engine. APR has developed an excellent entry level turbocharger upgrade for the 2.0 TFSI VL engine by incorporating the OEM turbocharger assembly from the Audi S3 and coupling it with APR's expertly recalibrated engine management upgrade. APR's Engineering Team has developed a powerful and reliable turbocharger upgrade that maintains OEM engine bay appearance and offers up to 155 hp and 139 lb ft of torque over the OEM power output of the 2.0 TFSI.
------------------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Old 07-15-2013, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Very new to turbo engines and I have a b8 1.8tfsi engine. I recently purchased a forge007p dv and am having slight issues fitting. Main issue is where is original component to replace with forge part. Picture would be hugely helpful please!!

Quick Reply: BOV's, DV's and the Audi closed loop turbo system.