General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Can anyone help me diagnose my problem? Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Default Can anyone help me diagnose my problem? Advice?

Hi guys,

I've had my 2006 Audi A4 3.2L for about two years now. Ever since I've owned it, it's had this problem where it stalls. When I'm waiting at a red light, or stopping at a stop sign.. when I start going the car feels as though it is stalling, and it "clunks" and jerks its way forward until it starts moving. There is definite lag when pushing the gas from a stop.

Also, the car has died on me 4 times. Three times on a downhill when I'm stopped or coming to a stop and once yesterday while I was just waiting in a drive through. The power steering dies, the car turns off, warning lights come on. Once I turn the car off and on again it is fine, and it normally starts right up.

I've taken it to the dealership well over 20 times. They have done various things all under warranty... They even replaced my transmission! Still.. nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what the problem is as I'm going to the dealership this Wednesday. They haven't been able to fix it yet, and I was wondering if it's too late to claim some sort of "lemon law" where they would buy the car back from me. It was certified pre owned at the time of purchase.

I feel like I've been really patient with them, but I'm frustrated because they can't fix the problem!

Thanks for all your help.

Katie