General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

car keeps stalling when starting up with MAF connected.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default car keeps stalling when starting up with MAF connected.

2001 a62.7T 58k miles.
Tip tronic
Giac chip
NO CEL
boshe maf

Hey guys... recently one of the intercooler hoses got loose and I thought I really did some dmg. I got to the shop and they just put the intercooler hose on and everything was alright again. I drove 1 mile from the dealer hitting only 60-80mph and slowing down to 40mph. Driving 40 for half a mile EVERY light came on the dash board??? The car stalls out and I am forced to pull over obviously. When pulling over the car would only start for 1 rev. I did that 5-8 times to get on the side of the road. The audi people came to see what was wrong... Looking at the car they were pretty confused. They pulled the mass air flow out from the car and it runs fine. They ordered a new mass air flow and nothing fixed. Right when you plug in the MAF the car starts to choke and stalls either after a rev or a couple seconds. Obviously I am having the dealer check out my car and see if anything is wrong. After doing a couple test he found no shorts in the car or anything of that nature.Zero codes or anything come up and they don't know the problem. I have called GIAC/AWE-tuning to talk about the issue... It has been a full day and now on the second with them trying to figure out the issue.My audi guy believes it has to be the chip because he hasn't seen any issues with the car. The car also drove great for the mile I did drive it. Currently I am babying the car with the MAF unplugged because I need a car for work. Please let me know if anybody has had this issue or has any solutions. I need your help!!! thank you everybody for the help before hand.

I have tried unplugging plugging the ECU back in.
Got a new MAF and it didn't work.

The audi guy and a couple other sources say it is prob the ECU program on my chip. GIAC said I had a rare ECU and that they had to make a program for my car... That is prob why GIAC/AWE hasn't contacted me back.

Thank you again,

Sam

Old 06-07-2008, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: car keeps stalling when starting up with MAF connected.

The other side of the intercooler came off and was causing the car to run rich/stall out on start.