General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CD player says "SAFE" and windows dont auto close?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Default CD player says "SAFE" and windows dont auto close?

hey i have an audi 1.9 tdi i had a tuning box on it i have taken it off and put it back on same as it came off but now i have the problem of the cd player sayin SAFE and i cant do anything about it and my windows wont auto open/close

whats its problems does any1 know? u cant plug a tuning box in wrong and i wired it up propper, is it a glitch or whats it tryin to tell me how do i sort it out??

Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Default RE: CD player says "SAFE" and windows dont auto close?

I always get the hard ones lol, did you disconnect the battery to do work?? if so what was it??since you put it back in are you sure all the wires are plugged in and one has pushed out, have you checked all the fuses as you might have blown one while playing in there?? do you know how to reset your radio and the windows have to be reset/press and hold each button so windows go up to the end and down repeat that with them all and the sunroof if you have one

Old 06-06-2006, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Hey i had the same problem. your car is on its anti-theft mode. you have to reset the radio with the code that came in your manual. About your windows, im not sure but i think they will work again once you fix the radio.

-- i hope you still have that manual

Old 06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
3rd Gear

Search...

Old 06-07-2006, 04:48 AM

i have the same problem with my 98 2.8 i just picked it up, and have no manual. is there any way else to get that code?

Old 06-07-2006, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: cary12

Search...
idid n found jack sh..

Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

There are websites out there that you can get the code from for a fee. Also the dealer can give you the code for the radio if you lost the manual. I had this happen to my first audi and didn't have the manual. Its a pain. If you get the code keep it in a safe place if you need it again. You will need to take the radio out to get the serial number off of the radio to get the code also. About the windows. You will have to reset them too. To do this you have to put them all of the way up. Then click it up a few times to reset them. I've heard that just holding the up window button while its up works in some cases also.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

yes.... the audidealer gives you the code...after battery was staken out... fee was sumthing like $60's around here! it's cause the computer thinks it's radio is beingstolen so it auto shuts off...this makes the radio worthless with out a code..this is completely normal...nothing wrong except you gotta pay if you don't have the code
: (