General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Change telephone ringtone on 2017 S3

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 02:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Change telephone ringtone on 2017 S3

Hi,

On my 2013 A3 you could change the ring tone for incoming calls. I had mine set to "you have an incoming call" in a female voice that would repeat until you answered.

I cant find a way to change the ring tone for incoming calls on my 2017 S3.

I've found the option in Telephone that shows you can select a ring tone within MMI but it is greyed out. It shows the word MOON in the option box which is also greyed out. A message appears telling me my phone is not compatible with this feature.

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S7 which has full RSAP support.

I'd appreciate any one who can tell me how to change the telephone ring tone on the Audi S3 please.

Thanks for reading.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Default Ring and Message Tone Audi incompatibility iphone

Originally Posted by essooil
Hi,

On my 2013 A3 you could change the ring tone for incoming calls. I had mine set to "you have an incoming call" in a female voice that would repeat until you answered.

I cant find a way to change the ring tone for incoming calls on my 2017 S3.

I've found the option in Telephone that shows you can select a ring tone within MMI but it is greyed out. It shows the word MOON in the option box which is also greyed out. A message appears telling me my phone is not compatible with this feature.

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S7 which has full RSAP support.

I'd appreciate any one who can tell me how to change the telephone ring tone on the Audi S3 please.

Thanks for reading.
Checking to see if you ever were able to change the ring tone in you Audi. I believe the audi should use the ringtone used by the iphone. My problem is I can't get the Audi to play a notification when a message is received on the iphone when connected to the Audi.
Good Luck.