General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Crashed my car last night. Must be karma.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 07:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Crashed my car last night. Must be karma.

Well so much for my list of issues. my car, 1990 90 quattro 20v sedan. is f'd up. on my way to the bar, i'm approaching an intersection. this is a 4 lane road. 2 lanes on one side going one direction. 2 lanes on the other going the oppisite direction obviously. anyway i can see the cross street lights are changing so i don't really slow down much. doing about 40 or so i'm bearing down on this car which is allready stopped at the light which is in the right lane the lane that i'm in. so the light went green and i turned into the left hand lane to just go around the car and continue through the light. but out of nowhere from my left something comes either flying or running accross the street it's kinda all a blur now. so i react with out thinking and now i'm coming up fast on this accord that had just started moving from the light doing maybe 5 mph at the time and i might have been like 20 feet or so from the car and an immenent collision. so i made a split decision to try to miss the car by going to the right of it where there might have been 4 feet of space or so between the accord and this mother ******* center median curb thing. so i knew i was fucked. i grabbed the wheel tight slammed on the breaks and hit that median head on missing the accord by literally a hair. (the accord by the way had these 2 smokin girls in it, which i mangaed to pull their names numbers and addresses, by way of needing possible "wittenesses" -spelling?- i told them. i'll prolly never use the info but it's always good to have. they were kinda snotty anyway and kept asking me if i was drunk or on something, dumb bitches not realizing that i had just been breathing these noxious fumes and gas from the damn airbag. which burned the **** out of my left arm. anyway the car as far as damage goes isn't too bad cosmetically just the front bumber and lights need to be replaced. but mechanically i think it's pretty bad. the airbag and steering wheel ofcourse. the camber of both the front wheels is about an inch to an inch and a half buckled in. like the top of the top of the tire was pushed in and leans diaganolly out towards the bottom. and i'm not sure what i did because i haven't gotten it on a lift yet but the car bled all it's oil out through the bottom. not sure if its engine or tranny oil yet. thats about it that i know of anyway. i'll keep posting as i find out more what happened. pics too. peace.

P.S. I don't have collision on my insurance only liability. word to the wise; learn from my mistakes and get full coverage. now i'm left with this humbled car and no loot to fix it. ****!!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Crashed my car last night. Must be karma.

Sorry to hear you f'd yer ride, man. Personally, I think "Karma" is an internal concept. I mean, if you feell bad about yourself you'll put yurself in a "bad" pllace. I dint get the impression that you felt bad about your previous interactions on the boards, here, so yu musta thought you been a jerk somewhere else, too

Old 04-16-2006, 02:31 AM
1st Gear
Default no

i don't feel bad for or about myself. just for my poor car that had more life in her than i gave her a chance to have. (i always call my cars her and she. i dunno just always have reffered to them as that) but anyway i meant karma as far as i have apparently come off as an ******* here on audi forums. whether that's true or not, well um the jury's still deliberating. but yeah that was the negativity or bad "karma," i was reffering to. thanks for the sentiment though. anyway you never know i might be able to the car back on the road. we'll see. peace.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

that really does suck.you didnt help your karma much when you decided not to give thanks to the people that gave you the information you were asking for,i think half of the price you mentioned for the tail light

Old 04-16-2006, 11:36 PM

dotn kick your self in the cans. just sink of it as something good.
you probably could get some old audi 80 or 90 for like 500 buks and salvage the whole front.
good luck. I hate when good cars get it.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Sorry as to hear about your ride man. I know how it is, been in five myself and im only 20 (none my fault). Hopefully you can get your audi back up and running. Good luck and safe driving.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Senior Administrator

see... we ain't even mad atcha. fix her up, post some pics, continue to be a PITA. we eat that **** up

Old 04-18-2006, 02:44 AM
1st Gear

yeah i'm hoping to get the car fixed or it will be like 3 grand down the drain. i bought the car less than a month ago. it is a beautiful thing to. black on black. AWD, tint, 5spd, leather htd seats,... all the cool audi bells and whistles you know. i had just that day got my amp for my system to. i was going to hook up the next morning. oh well. but any way i am now trying to find a parts car. i don't have the money to be spending on new dealer parts, especially for this damn thing. just two weeks ago. i had needed to replace the starter, and one of the fuel injectors. which cost me nearly 800 beans when it was all said and done. the injector was 250 alone. and i checked the injector for the ten valve was only like 70. i wonder what's up with that. but yeah before i get more off topic i live in the philly, pa area. so if anybody knows of any local cars let me know. in the mean time i'll keep looking. thanks. peace.