General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

First car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:09 PM
1st Gear
Default First car?

I'm turning 16 in a few monthes. Over the last few monthes I've been falling in love with Audis. I know lots of people with A4's and really love how they look and they seem to drive really nice, that is as a passenger. Then today I saw a TT in my schools parking lot and was late to class I was so busy starring at it. Anyway I have looked in the past and know I can afford the car and insurance on an A4 and today I checked the price on the TT's and could probably afford one to if my new job pulls through. What I was wondering though if you would recomend an Audi to someone my age. Also will insurance me much more than the A4 on a TT?

EDIT:
Also I haven't really seen one but as far as I can tell the A4 and A6 are very similar. What is the difference between them anyway and is one technichally better than the other?

Old 09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: First car?

the A6 is much larger and slower than the A6

Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

the A6 is much larger and slower than the A6
I think he meant to say that the A6 is heavier and slower than the A4, which is true IF they're pushin the same size engine.

I'd recommend that you track down a nice '90-'91 Audi Coupe Quattro. the ACQ is the epitome of PIMP! Plus, with all the $$$ you'd save on the purchase you could MOD the FV<& out of it, and be PIMPxPIMP. White or Black. No Red. Red is a S - L - O - W color[&:]

Old 09-08-2006, 12:00 AM

Hey, my car is preaty fast too, Red is a nice color for Audi 80/90.

Coupe Quatro sounds nice, also the B3/B4 body is very similar to the Coupe Quatro, So you can also check Audi 80/90 for that matter.

Also from Extra money saved over Coupe even more mods posible.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:54 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: kakarot

Hey, my car is preaty fast too, Red is a nice color for Audi 80/90.

Coupe Quatro sounds nice, also the B3/B4 body is very similar to the Coupe Quatro, So you can also check Audi 80/90 for that matter.

Also from Extra money saved over Coupe even more mods posible.
These are nice cheap cars espacially if you get the quattro models. and you can make them faster if you get the 5 cylinder engine. but if you really wnat get a B5 A4. their not really expensive and my insurance was pretty cheap for a 17 year old.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear

I'm gonna have about $12,000 for this car. I'm selling a 98 jeep wrangler and I have a a ton of money saved up and plus some from my parents. So I was looking at a B5 or maybe even 6. And does anyone know anything about the TT?

Old 09-08-2006, 04:13 AM
4th Gear

Small 2 door roadster. I usually see hot girls driving them. seriously. comes with a 1.8t 225hp motor or 3.0 v6. 6 speed manual. EWD or quattro. pretty fast. but your insurance may be high due to being a youngster in a sports car. B5 or 6 your best bet. A4 though B5 S4 gonna jack up insurance.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: SAudi

Small 2 door roadster. I usually see hot girls driving them. seriously. comes with a 1.8t 225hp motor or 3.0 v6. 6 speed manual. EWD or quattro. pretty fast. but your insurance may be high due to being a youngster in a sports car. B5 or 6 your best bet. A4 though B5 S4 gonna jack up insurance.
Troo... Troo...

They're *cute* l'il sports cars. Not recommended if you ever want to store anything wider than a shoebox behind the front seats. You don't have any frineds that bum rides, doya?

B4/5 A4 Mods are all pretty much teh same/same cost. Your insurance is gonna be high, regardless, but don't GIVE them a reason to pile-on... Get something like a decent B4/5 A4. CQ would be cool, cost less, and LUV to be modded, but the A4's have the widest mod market, so mods can be had relatively cheaply. And, because it's a sedan, with LOTS of airbags, it'll temper the insurance cost, a bit...