General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

First Time Audi Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:35 AM
1st Gear
Default First Time Audi Owner

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2006 Audi A4. It is a 2.0 Litre Turbo Quattro. Special option everything including the wheels and xenon headlamps. One owner and constantly maintained as well as inspected before purchase, though it does have 75K almost exactly atm. Only down fall is that it is automatic, but with my price range I couldn't find much more.

My question is, I am looking for a bit more power overall. I have been told all about chipping and what not, but I also know that it can do a good number on your engine and such. That's why i would prefer to go the route of doing these upgrades one by one, and I'm not looking to make my commuter into a race car with top line gear, I just want some more kick and go, but also flowing healthy. I would like someone who is familiar with things like this, preferably this model, to point me in the right direction. Good quality upgrades but nothing someone 21 going to college and working full time while paying mass bills can't do.
I know this was very scrambled, but I hope someone is able to help. Feel free to ask more questions for clarification or add comments.
Regards

Old 01-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Administrator

The chip is the way to go. It's a turbo car so raising boost will make the power you want. The proven companies out there (APR, JHM, Giac, etc) have the tunes developed and locked in - they know what they're doing and will give you a safe increase in power. You'll need a new diverter valve and to gap down your plugs but that's about it. Check the new owners posts and sticky posts at the top of of the B7 subforum for all the info you could ever want.