General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Full beam issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 04:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Full beam issue

Hi

looking for some help please. I know nothing about cars (only how to pick a troublesome one) so excuse my jargon.

Driver xenon bulb went in 2013 A4 SLine. It was replaced and after being flashed at by every other motorist on the road and chased by the police I realised the bulb was apparently stuck in full beam. Returned to garage who said what I need is an actual headlamp which I can't get for 2 weeks as they're booked up. They said they'd disconnect me?? And leave me in dip until this time. But I now am in full beam in both lights which since I'm disconnected I can't turn off. can't get hold of garage today so I'm looking for advice

ie is it possible they accidentally left me in full beam and not dip as they thought or does this sound more electrical problem that a headlight is unlikely to fix?

and what am I looking at bill wise?

Old 10-03-2017, 04:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Anyone?

Originally Posted by lisalea
Hi

looking for some help please. I know nothing about cars (only how to pick a troublesome one) so excuse my jargon.

Driver xenon bulb went in 2013 A4 SLine. It was replaced and after being flashed at by every other motorist on the road and chased by the police I realised the bulb was apparently stuck in full beam. Returned to garage who said what I need is an actual headlamp which I can't get for 2 weeks as they're booked up. They said they'd disconnect me?? And leave me in dip until this time. But I now am in full beam in both lights which since I'm disconnected I can't turn off. can't get hold of garage today so I'm looking for advice

ie is it possible they accidentally left me in full beam and not dip as they thought or does this sound more electrical problem that a headlight is unlikely to fix?

and what am I looking at bill wise?

Anyone?