General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

General Tips For Purchasing an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM
1st Gear
Default General Tips For Purchasing an Audi

I do not yet own an Audi, however, I am looking to pick one up in the near future. I just want to do my research first and I’m hoping to get some help here!

I’m looking at A4’s because honestly, they’re cheap, and I’ve heard they tend to be reliable. What I want to know is what are some things to watch out for?

I’m looking to spend about $6,500-$7,500 on a 2006+ A4 Quattro.

I started to do some research, but you end up with a SLEW of people calling their issues “known” or “regular” when from what I saw, a good portion of the time it’s poor maintenance, or they’re treating the car like dirt.

What I will be interested in is using this car as a daily driver and once all maintenance is totally up to date, maybe a project car down the road. (I’ve heard that the A4’s can be easily upgraded to compete with S4’s, and I’m curious).

Right now I drive a 2016 Focus ST that I bought brand new, and I just don’t want to put the miles on it. My commute is roughly 110 miles per day..so, needless to say there’s no reason to run my ST into the ground.

Thanks in advance!