Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > General Tech
General Tips For Purchasing an Audi >

General Tips For Purchasing an Audi

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

General Tips For Purchasing an Audi

Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM
1st Gear
Default General Tips For Purchasing an Audi

I do not yet own an Audi, however, I am looking to pick one up in the near future. I just want to do my research first and Im hoping to get some help here!

Im looking at A4s because honestly, theyre cheap, and Ive heard they tend to be reliable. What I want to know is what are some things to watch out for?

Im looking to spend about $6,500-$7,500 on a 2006+ A4 Quattro.

I started to do some research, but you end up with a SLEW of people calling their issues known or regular when from what I saw, a good portion of the time its poor maintenance, or theyre treating the car like dirt.

What I will be interested in is using this car as a daily driver and once all maintenance is totally up to date, maybe a project car down the road. (Ive heard that the A4s can be easily upgraded to compete with S4s, and Im curious).

Right now I drive a 2016 Focus ST that I bought brand new, and I just dont want to put the miles on it. My commute is roughly 110 miles per day..so, needless to say theres no reason to run my ST into the ground.

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: General Tips For Purchasing an Audi

Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.