AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/)
-   -   HELP!! A3 2.0L FSI Warm/Hot Start Problem (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/general-tech-50/help-a3-2-0l-fsi-warm-hot-start-problem-167104/)

SamAudiA3_2011 04-03-2011 12:09 PM

HELP!! A3 2.0L FSI Warm/Hot Start Problem

Hi everyone,

I've bought a 2004 Audi A3 2.0L FSI and it has a problem when starting from warm/hot.

It starts first time from cold but when I've driven it and stopped then tried to start it again within 1 to 2 hours it takes a good 3 or 4 goes to start!

It turns over but just doesn't fire up!

I was advised to change the Engine Coolant Temp Sender which I did but this hasn't cured it..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be??

My next change I think is going to be the Camshaft Speed Sensor..

Please help!!

Cheers,

Sam :confused:

lolol 05-18-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SamAudiA3_2011 (Post 1301188)
Hi everyone,

I've bought a 2004 Audi A3 2.0L FSI and it has a problem when starting from warm/hot.

It starts first time from cold but when I've driven it and stopped then tried to start it again within 1 to 2 hours it takes a good 3 or 4 goes to start!

It turns over but just doesn't fire up!

I was advised to change the Engine Coolant Temp Sender which I did but this hasn't cured it..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be??

My next change I think is going to be the Camshaft Speed Sensor..

Please help!!

Cheers,

Sam :confused:

engine speed sensor is fried , coolant temp sensor is when the starter turns but doesnt engage, bosch is a retarded ass company that makes shitty electronics, get a new engine speed sensor, it goes into the bell housing, happens on alot of the audi's they overheat because bosch is incapable of building a proper sensor and the insulation is too thin to protect the sensor...

TiNKnOckEr 05-19-2011 07:51 PM

i have a very similar issue on my 3.0 A4.. dealer had it for a week and couldnt figure it out! ill have to look into that engine speed sensor though, havent heard that one yet.. i was thinking fuel injectors leaking fuel into the cylinders while it sits

Sooki77777 01-29-2012 05:11 AM

Did you ever fix your problem sam

SamAudiA3_2011 01-29-2012 06:43 AM

Fixed!

I did manage to fix it!

Turns out there was a lot wrong under the hood.. Needed a new cam belt as the oil seal was fitted incorrectly causing oil to leak over the belt leaving the engine dry.. :eek:

At the same time they changed the crankshaft speed sensor which did the trick and now it starts first time every time!

Steve Discombe 06-30-2018 03:49 AM

Morning guys

Morning guys I have the same problem with my 2011 tt tfsi won't start when hot Has anyone fixed it yet. (No fault codes present )

Danielh 04-20-2022 05:46 PM

A3 stalls on warm starts

Spent 3k on trying to figure it out….

If I got back into my car a d tried to restart it it would stall…. I’d have to wait 15 - 30 minutes until it startled again… Took it to mechanic and we changed some sensors, cleaned out carbon lpfp fuel pump sensor… Took it to Audi and the customer service rep took it for some spins until it finally stalled on him….. he played with the shifter and it started again….

seems it is some parking sensor or lose wire….
When restarting it while it is warm the sensor thinks it is in park and won’t start ….or something along those lines. Hopefully this helps people with the Same issue I was having.