General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help!!! CAR WONT START

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Help!!! CAR WONT START

hey i've got a 00 a4 1.8 and the other day i failed emissions due to a faulty maf and a bad sap. i ordered a new maf and while taking out the old one i noticed one of the wires for the wiring harness was disconected and the sensor was broken. I picked up a new harness and reatached the wires and the maf and when i started the car the idle was all over the place. it finally evened out so i took it for a drive. now every time i would put the clutch in the idle would completly fall and the car would turn off. I could start it back up after a little hesitation but this also happened if i was accelerating and then let off the gas the idle would completly fall and the car would die. I got it back to my house and re checked the connection to the maf. I thought maybe it wasn't good enought because i had some trouble with the new harness so i attached the wires staight to the pins. i tried it out this way and now the car wont start at all and i've trying putting it back how it was but it wont start.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: Help!!! CAR WONT START

perform throttle body alignment procedures see if that helps

Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help!!! CAR WONT START

i've tried the throttle body alignment and i've been searching through forums for a few days now and i'm still stuck