Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > General Tech
Help identify "plastic elbow" part & purpose. >

Help identify "plastic elbow" part & purpose.

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help identify "plastic elbow" part & purpose.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Default Help identify "plastic elbow" part & purpose.

It's rite above the blue tape/thing in the middle of the pic.
Tried looking around but I circled what I'm talking about...you will see a metal cube with a circular inlet/outlet with a plastic elbow connected. My car doesn't have this I think it's part of the oil system. New purchase, need to fix this ECT sensor, brake lines, diverter valve, just can't figure what this is. FYI: 2003 B6 1.8T 165k miles.

Link to image: https://goo.gl/images/1Zhei7

Last edited by Matthew Buyan; 02-22-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:54 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NZ
Posts: 43

It looks like the crankcase ventilation housing. What's the bent part lead to? A hose that goes to the intake tube?
google the part number on it. That's the first thing I do with any part I find.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.