General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 PM
1st Gear
Angry help please

recently i went to get a new tyre and the guy noticed one of my rear shock absorbs was leaking. so i asked if they can replace it witch they did the following day after ordering in the part.

i watched them start the job and from the start they seemed very rough.
they struggled getting the bolt out of the bottom of the shocker because the spring was in the way. after they managed to get it out switched the shocker and began to attempt to put the bolt back in. they got it stook actualy looked to me like they had cross threaded it. they then removed the spring so they actually had room to work. but no the bolt was stook they blamed some "lock tight glue on the bolt" they ended up bending the bolt and had to order a new one and my car had to stop over night.

so i picked my car up the following day at 5pm after i finished work and was happy to have my car back. but a few days later i notice a knocking/clicking noise from the rear when i drive over bumps in the road.

i regret having this work done at the tyre garage and an scared to take my car back there again.

just wondering if you guys have any idea what could be wrong and what you would do in my position.

my car:2010 A3 2.0 TDI Quattro (170bhp) Black Edition 3d

thanks in advance to any reply
sorry for my poor writing skills.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

I would not take the car back to them!! Google an auto repair shop in your area that works on Audi's and take it to them for an estimate. They should be willing to find the problem and give you a repair cost before you actually spend money. I would then take the estimate they give you to the shop that messed up and ask the manager to pay part or all the cost. You may not get anything from them but it never hurts to try. NEVER use a tire shop for anything other than tires!

Old 06-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Senior Administrator

Listen to the Turtle.

If teh tyre shop is part of a national store chain you may get better results if you hint that you are considering taking the problem to "Corporate" headquarters. if its not, perhaps suggestion you may be inclined to give them an unfavorable online review in whatever passes for your local "Angoe's List" (google it, if you've never heard of that website).

Either way, shops are generally good at what their main focus is; less so at things connected to those things.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

So let me get this straight..?? The senior admin. of Audi forums drives a Subaru?!?!?
Now thats funny.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by magicturtle2
So let me get this straight..?? The senior admin. of Audi forums drives a Subaru?!?!?
Now thats funny.
<insert FWD Audi joke, HERE>

Wrecked A8's are pretty expensive to replace.

Still, I didn't hafta change my username, at all.
IJS.

Stay tuned... It *WILL* eventually be replaced by an S8. Eventually.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

Hey dont hate on the A6! Its my first Audi and...well read the Motorv2 thread. Its running as of today!! The dealer down the street has a used,23K miles, S8 and I can see why you would want one!! I just saw the sig and thought it was funny.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

Did you find your problem Joe?