General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hunk of Metal!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:55 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Hunk of Metal!?!?

Ok so I need some help know what step I should take next.

I have a 95 Audi A6 V6 2.8L

Ok so I've had some on going transmission problems which are getting worst. So I want to throw in a question. How many gears does a the Automatic transmission have and is it normal for it to be running at 3000rpm's at 60 mph.

But where is what has happened as of late. Apparently the drain under the hood which releases all of the water coming off of the car became clogged. While I was driving the car started shuttering really bad, it kept shutting off on me everything I slowed down and would shutter really bad when trying to accelerate. Also I would lose speed going up hills. (small hills) Thank god I made it home, and it died on me as I was pulling into the driveway. When I came out to the car in the morning my husband and I noticed a rather large puddle of water standing on the floor in front of the back seats. The car would not turn over. We've take out the seats (so not easy with power seats) and got the carpet all lifted up and taken out of the car. We think the computer may have been fried. After taking out the carpet there was about 2-3 inches of standing water under the carpet.

Do you think its would be worth (how much do you think it would cost) to have it fixed.

Attached Thumbnails Hunk of Metal!?!?-iphone-pics-8-26-12-264.jpg   Hunk of Metal!?!?-iphone-pics-8-26-12-268.jpg