General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

If I remove cluster light bulb....

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Default If I remove cluster light bulb....

Hi! I'm new here, I'm Max by the way, from Quebec, Canada.

Now I have a little question, my car is an audi a4 b5..
I had some trouble with abs (abs light on + bizzar "electric" sound when braking + brake pedal became hard.. well very annoying) and I finally decided to just remove the abs fuse and now my car brakes perfectly and I'm happy

Now the problem is that since i took the fuse off.. the ABS light is ALWAYS on, and the E-Brake light is always flashing. Very annoying... I was thinking about removing the cluster and just remove those 2 light bulbs and that's probably what I will do, but I wonder.. Will it affect something if I remove those bulbs?

I'm a tech.. installer.. And I remember that some car will do bizzar things if you remove some cluster light blub.. as an exemple, i remember one day, someone asked me to remove the bulb of the airbag and abs lights on his honda (don't remember witch model but something year 2004 +) and as I did the job, then the check engine ligh and maintenance light went on! [:@]

I think you get my point.. so if someone knows... please tell me!

Big thx!

oh.. and sorry for the bad english, I normaly speak french I'm almost bi-lingual but not fully! as you can see

Thx again!

Max