General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

iPhone AMI issues playing music

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:38 PM
1st Gear
Default iPhone AMI issues playing music

Anyone else having issues with their iPhone in the past month (with recent software updates) with AMI playing music through the phone?

I had zero issues using the phone as an Ipod until a recent update, not sure if it's the phone, the car's software or the cable connecting the phone to the car (in the glove box). I've used an older iPod (with its own specific cable) and it's worked in that same time frame, but there was an instance when it didn't work just like the phone.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:46 AM
1st Gear
Default iPhone 4s not recognised

Originally Posted by DrJb
Anyone else having issues with their iPhone in the past month (with recent software updates) with AMI playing music through the phone?

I had zero issues using the phone as an Ipod until a recent update, not sure if it's the phone, the car's software or the cable connecting the phone to the car (in the glove box). I've used an older iPod (with its own specific cable) and it's worked in that same time frame, but there was an instance when it didn't work just like the phone.

Hi, I was wondering if you had any success with this. I use an iPhone 4s as a hard drive for my music (wired to my 2010 s4) and since I updated to the new iOS 9.2 the MMI says there is no device connected. I have tried older iPhones/iPods with older fir wear on them and here are no issues so I don't think it's the cable