Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > General Tech
Key stuck in ignition- tried all fixes on this forum! >

Key stuck in ignition- tried all fixes on this forum!

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Key stuck in ignition- tried all fixes on this forum!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Key stuck in ignition- tried all fixes on this forum!

I have a 2001 Audi A8L automatic transmission. It was towed last summer to a dealer to have a new key made, and when the dealership inserted the key they were unable to get it back out, and blamed the tow truck driver. The key is blocking the tiny hole where a paper clip may be able to fit, and when I turned the key slightly to make room for a paper clip, it only went in maybe 1/16 of an inch, is there a tool I should be using rather than a generic paper clip? The button on the shifter is all the way out I think, so I donít think thatís the problem. The dealership wanted $1,000 to fix the issue. Iím pretty handy and think I can probably do it myself if someone can point me in the right direction. Any information is greatly appreciated!