General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Leak by Transmission pan..2000 Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
1st Gear
Angry Leak by Transmission pan..2000 Audi A6

Greetings!
I have been reading in these forums for a couple of months now just obtaining knowledge and learning more and more about these german beasts.

I bought a Audi A6 about 9 months ago. Blew a head gasket, had that replaced, before that was replaced they pulled the motor because they were told by a mechanic (not audi inclined) that the engine was bad, but it wasnt. The head was warped so they put the original motor back in then shaved the head and replaced the gasket. Along with this my transmission pan had to welded shut after this nothing leaked for awhile. the accident involved (hitting a big rock) "reason for overheating, and blown head, and hole in pan and also loss of antifreeze" ... so everything was going fine then a couple months later I hydroplaned into a dumpster going about 50 mph. This fudged up my right side pretty good. Insurance covered it and all cosmetics were replaced but internals were questioned by me. nothing leaked for awhile then it started to drip a little bit. i drove it for about 2 months. So now as my car sits because I lost my license for 30 days "personal reasons" my car is leaking transmission fluid pretty heavy.. it is leaking on the passenger side to the front right of the top of the tran pan. Its coming off of what looks to be the transmission cooler or thing with ridges in it. I know above what it is leaking off of is the final drive.

If any input could be told i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

Last edited by t3hbigburl; 04-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.