General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

lights out.... need help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Default lights out.... need help please

Hi guys i'm a new 96 A4 2.8 auto owner. I've enjoyed mine for a couple of months now. I have used the forum more than a few times to troubleshoot some issues. i can't find a previous post with this exact issue so i figured i would see if you guys could help. I was pulled over the other day by NYC's finest to let me know my tail light was out. (no ticket, thank god) when i got home i opened the brakelight housing and realized only one bulb of the initial four was on and when the brake was applied nothing happened. the right rear brake is fine. the next day my headlights stopped working. i can turn my highs and fogs on but no headlights. i know it's not the bulbs (new) or the fuses (20, 21 right?) cause i checked them. some background.... i bought the car used of course and changed the battery after the old one went dead one day. after that the alarm won't honk when i lock the doors with my key. the keychain remote never worked even after changing batteries. aside from that i don't think any other weird things are happening. if anyone has suggestions i would welcome them...

thanks in advance.