General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Looking for more information about my 2001 Audi A4 B5 2.4L Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Looking for more information about my 2001 Audi A4 B5 2.4L Quattro

From looking around online, these seem to be quite rare in this configuration. 2.8L, 1.8T, and the S4 seem to be quite common, but not the 2.4L Quattro 30V

Can anyone tell me of any issues they've had with theirs/or more about their car?

Here's the car in question: My baby - Imgur [1]

Couple things I've done to it are:
  • Plastidipped the rims matte black (came out really nice) After: imgur: the simple image sharer [2]
  • Installed a Parrot Mki9000 car kit (going to put a Nexus 7 in the dash once the replacement stereo facade arrives)
  • Given it a cut and polish, full clean inside and out
  • New Oil Filter and Oil Change
  • New Air Filter
  • New Pads and Rotors - Mixed results here, Rotors are good, Pads are terrible, they don't grip very well, so might need to get OEM Pads

Things i want to possibly do:
  • Lower it a bit, maybe 1-2" - not sure if i'll go for Coilovers or Lowering Springs yet. anyone tried this? thoughts?
  • ECU upgrade - not sure if this is even possible on this model??

Issues so far:
  • Indicators intermittently don't work - i think i need to replace the hazard unit to fix this
  • Got a Bluetooth OBD II adaptor - but it couldn't connect to the ECU. I've heard VAGCOM mentioned, but i don't know much about it?
  • The LCD Panel in between the Speedo & Rev counter is pixelated, can you get these replace/fixed easily? or not worth it?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/comments!