General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Misfuel on Q7, now high pitch whine

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:44 PM
bfr
1st Gear
Default Misfuel on Q7, now high pitch whine

So sister-in-law borrowed car...to do me a favor noticed tank was near empty and filled it up. Unfortunately she filled my 2013 3.0L V6 TDI Q7 with unleaded. Only made it a mile or so down the road before coughing, sputtering, smoking, dying. Roadside assistance, flatbed to nearest dealer, etc. That was all on July 16. Just got car back today. They basically had to replace all fuel line components, many which had long lead times and back orders from Germany. I think the HPFP was one of the holdups along with a fuel pump belt or something.

Anyway....

Now when I accelerate quickly, I get a high pitched whistling/whine. Went back to dealer and took a spin with the technician riding along. He assured me it was just the turbo and that all was normal.

After driving home and spending some time under hard acceleration on quiet back roads...I find it hard to believe I never noticed that whine before. Wondering what changed?

Left message for service that I want to take a 2nd look at it before setting off cross-country with the vehicle. Any ideas?

Diverter Valve? I don't know...seems like sound might be coming a slight bit from the driver's side of the car...but hard to say.

No error codes or other problems detected.

video here:

Thanks for any input.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 PM
bfr
1st Gear

is that just normal turbo whine? Anyone else with same car care to put it to the floor and confirm or dispute? Thanks