General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

MMI Update failure issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:30 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation MMI Update failure issue

Hello all. I took the joy of picking up a 56 plate A6 2.7TDI Quattro this week. As I do a fair amount of miles I wanted to update the DVD NAV to latest database, and subsequently the MMI to 5570.

I obtained genuine Audi UK discs for both, along with instructions on how to do the update.

Upon starting the update, all was normal until it started to download. TUN/TUN/App was the first.

It would complete about 13% then stop and say "Unlock Block 1, please wait" then it would start over, at 0% and go up to about 15%, then "Unlock Block 2, please wait" etc etc. Occasinally saying "waiting for device".

Not knowing if this was normal or not, I waited around 1.5 hours, it had reach block 107 I think, but still not really any progress percentage wise.

After a bit of research on the net I realised this wasn't normal and cancelled the download.

The MMI rebooted but of course "NOT OK" was prevalent.

I now don't have any radio, CD, or anything MMI audible related. The NAV works fine as I hadn't got to update it yet, but no voice commands.

I've tried it at least another 3 times with the same result.

I never get any error messages. After cancelling the download, the only error message present is that "the user terminated the download".

Anybody have any idea as to why my car isn't taking the update?

Audi want £117 to hook it up to a diagnostic machine, and I've heard horror stories of MMI unit failures costing upwards of £1600. :0(

Kinda feels like I'm oy driving half a car right now!

Thanks in advance for your knowledge!

Hiflyer81