General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Member/Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Default New Member/Help!

I am a 2001 Audi A4 owner. I have incurred a serious problem recently with my car and that's the main reason I joined this site. I live in Los Angeles as you may know we have been getting bombarded with rain recently. In late November I got to my car and realized there was a small pool of water on my front passenger floor. None of the windows were open or cracked yet the water got in somehow. It was surprising because it had not rained tremendously hard. Errantly, I chalked it up to freak occurrance and vacuumed the water. However, again in late December, and again with all of the windows closed, my car was flooded again on the passenger side. This time it affected the automatic shift controls and will cost about $3000 to fix (insurance covering most). Neither time were the seats wet, just the floor. The service associate says it cannot be prevented and it was simply because it rained so hard. This doesn't seem possible to me, that hard rain caused this and that the water came in through the door. Is it? Should the service associate be looking for solutions to the problem instead of passing it off as 'just the hard rain'. Is this an Audi problem at all? Please advise. Looking for help.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:03 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: New Member/Help!

Hi RickDay, welcome to the forums.

Are you having the work done at a dealer? If you are, I would go to another dealer or contact Audi of America with your complaint. There is no reason for them to say there is no fix. That is a bull answer. Your problem is not that common, so there is no common places to check for leaks. Search around all the window seals to look for rips or tears.