General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No power to driver door

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Default No power to driver door

I have an A4 1.9 TDI 2002.

I seem to have lost all power to the drivers door. No Central locking to that door, no electric windows, no lighting, no mirror control no alarm disable switches or door locking switches working. passenger door is OK. 15A fuse for front doors is OK.

Has anyone any ideas?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Default RE: No power to driver door

can you lock it with the key? does the central locking work on all doors? does the remote lock all the doors including the drivers door,
if the door is totally dead then check the wiring in the door jam area for breaks ( if they are ok ) then its the servo on the door lock or a bar has come off on the mechanism inside the door

Old 06-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Default RE: No power to driver door

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I can lock it with the key mechanically. The central locking from the remote controlworks for the other 3 doors but not the drivers door. When you say check the wiring in the door jam area, do you mean inside the rubber seal between door and body of car? Would the servo on the door lock stop the electric windows and mirrors and lighting from working?

Many thanks Rick

Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 PM

I am currently having this same problem. What was the final diagnosis? Any help you might have would be awesome.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Driver door no power

I have the same problem.
occasoinaly it works.
99% it is the door wiring.
Any tips on how to remove the harness for repair?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Default no power to driver door

I have a similar problem, most buttons on driver door don't work (locks, side mirrors) but, my power windows all work, yet the passenger door doesn't lock with neither remote nor buttons on doors. any ideas?

Last edited by SamsA4Cab; 06-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

ok, most of my problem was resolved by changing fuse # 22 on a '03 A4 CAB. My passenger pwr mirror won't automatically fold in still...

Old 06-22-2010, 07:49 AM
1st Gear

i think company dealer will help you best in this, as this was not a single wiring problem, it seem Bettery Problem, may be also all wiring & pluging problem. so not sure n have chekup with company dealer

Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 PM
1st Gear
Smile No power to driver door 02 A4

Hi, new to this forum. Tought I share with you the same problem I with brothers 02 Audi A4 where no power in drivers door. Had no drivers electric window, all doors remotely central lock except the drivers door, no speaker on door etc. Problem seems to be where rubber conduit between door pillar and door flexs while door open/close. Three main power supply wires frayed and cut insude this rubber conduit. Other 5 is well on it's way. I Soldered the broken wires to their respective wires and insulated fully each wire. Works fine so far. Done it myseld so cannot not sure what a mechanic would cost Little teadious work. Took few hours. But pro mechanic may find it easier. Hope this is of help.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Smile A4 no Power to driver door.

Hi, Should mention that fuses etc should be checked first. Although I am not a mechanic as such, however I am a Maintenance Technician for 10 years and also have being doing basic maintenance work on family cars for years. That is why I chanced working on the car. This work is a little tedious. Electrics are dodgy thing to repair in case of fire risk due to short circuit. In this case, best leaving to mechanic if fuses are ok. Hope this will be of help.

Quick Reply: No power to driver door