General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New to forum, first Audi, few simple questions

Old 01-03-2015, 06:17 PM
1st Gear
Default New to forum, first Audi, few simple questions

Hello, this is my first Audi so there are a few things I need to do off the bat, I need to find a cheap grill because this one is cracked, I need to look at glovebox lid and see how to fix that because the right hinge is broke.

Is there anything I need to know about Audi's because i'm only used to cheaper Chevrolets?

What is the best way to utilize my mp3 player on these radios since there is no aux input? The Tape adapters i've tried play like ****.

What is the biggest rim size that fits on a stock A4 Quattro 1.8T?

Instead of changing coolant, do I just add something to coolant for tune-up?

Old 01-03-2015, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cupofjoe_84
Hello, this is my first Audi so there are a few things I need to do off the bat, I need to find a cheap grill because this one is cracked, I need to look at glovebox lid and see how to fix that because the right hinge is broke.

Is there anything I need to know about Audi's because i'm only used to cheaper Chevrolets?

What is the best way to utilize my mp3 player on these radios since there is no aux input? The Tape adapters i've tried play like ****.

What is the biggest rim size that fits on a stock A4 Quattro 1.8T?

Instead of changing coolant, do I just add something to coolant for tune-up?
First thing parts are hecka expensive but it a reliable car keep up ur maintenance at all time or it will bite u in the... later blauparts.com and ecstuning.com got both tools and quality parts.
As for the radio dunno I bought one without a stock radio but be careful who u let install these cars are very sensitive and one electrical problem isn't what u want I have to buy a brake module because of the connection plus my obdll is inop I can pretty much guestimate it is all because of how the radio was hooked up
Tires I would say 18 would be the biggest unless u want to customize your body
Coolant wise thats a G12 only vehicle u can use a certain type of Preston thats orange but never ever mix the two so if u want to do a cheap way u could buy the orange just make sure you flush the other one out first...still I would always recommend using the right type
As for parts interior and putter I haven't found any place that has cheap parts ur best bet is look into a pull and pay or some type of place like that if you want to go for the cheapest way to get it fixed...
Hope this helped!!!

Last edited by werick82; 01-03-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

I found a place in columbus, oh which is about an hour away, but they have several audis. It is a pick in pull junkyard. Also for those who didn't know, check out rockauto.com for inexpensive parts. I found an adapter that hooks up to back of radio and then leaves you a wire to plug aux input into. Brand name of it was blitzsafe, but found chinese version on ebay along with the tools to pull the radio out.