General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil Pressure light came on

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Oil Pressure light came on

I have a 2009 A3 2.0 TFSI and last night when i got off the parkway a red light displayed on the dash with three bing noises. It stated to shut engine off. Of course i listened and pulled over and shut engine off. I proceeded to check oil level which was full and clean. After checking for any leaks, sensors unplugged or oil underneath i went and started the car. This time no light. I drove home which was only 5 miles away and still till this morning driving to work no issues. There was no weird sound when the light came on so im thinking the sensor but to be on safe side im doing the oil pick up tube and sensor.

I'm posting this up to see if there is any videos or instructions that i can look over before i tackle this job tomorrow morning. Yes i do have tons of tools and i do just about all my work in my garage but i always like to be proactive and see if there is anything i can look over before hand.

Thanks