General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

P000A code and low oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 AM
1st Gear
Default P000A code and low oil pressure

Ok, I'm new to the new Audi's and am hoping somebody here can help me.

I bought a 2007 A4 Quattro with the 2.0T about two weeks ago with 108,000 miles on it. Yesterday I was having trouble getting our of a parking lot with traffic and drove it harder than I normally would. It went to about 6000 RPM. Right after that the low oil pressure red light came on followed almost immediately by the CEL. I drove it for a couple of blocks to get to a parking lot. As I pulled into the parking lot the engine died and won't start. It almost acts as if the battery is dead. The car had been running great until this happened. I pulled the cover for the timing belt and it looks like the belt is fine (hadn't broken).

I'm not sure where to start. I have read the low oil pressure could e caused by the screen in the oil pick up tube getting clogged and am curious if it got clogged when I revved the engine.

Has anybody experienced this scenario before? Any help is appreciated? Thanks.

Last edited by finallyfour; 09-11-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:58 AM
2nd Gear

OBD P000A is a cam shaft sensor error code. That will cause the crappy running as the ECU cannot fire the plugs at the correct timing point with it giving erroneous readings. Change the oil and filter. Add about a quarter to half can of Sea Foam to the oil to help clean the internals of the engine. Run it for a month or so and change the oil and filter again to drain out any crud in the pan. The filter will probably catch the rest.

But first get that cam sensors changed out. It's an easy job depending on where it's located on that particular engine. I found a video that shows the location. Looks to be a pretty straight forward job. Need a torx T30 bit to get the bolt out.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dave944
OBD P000A is a cam shaft sensor error code. That will cause the crappy running as the ECU cannot fire the plugs at the correct timing point with it giving erroneous readings. Change the oil and filter. Add about a quarter to half can of Sea Foam to the oil to help clean the internals of the engine. Run it for a month or so and change the oil and filter again to drain out any crud in the pan. The filter will probably catch the rest.

But first get that cam sensors changed out. It's an easy job depending on where it's located on that particular engine. I found a video that shows the location. Looks to be a pretty straight forward job. Need a torx T30 bit to get the bolt out.

How to replace the cam shaft sensor in 2007 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo - YouTube
Thank you Dave. Just curious if the engine not starting could be due to these or if they may have caused another problem. I appreciate the help.