General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please Help me with my Power Loss

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Please Help me with my Power Loss

Hi Everyone,

I am having major power loss problems. At normal accelleration I don't have an issue just at Wide Open Throttle
there is a whirring type sound and then a whistle and instead of boost the car falls flat on it's face and stumbles.
I first sounded like a faulte Diverter Valve so I took my Hyperboost HX out and cleaned it but that didn't help, so I bought
a stock unit and stuck it in there and that didn't help. So I tried a Forge Unit and it still does the same thing.
So I eliminated the DV as the problem. I cleared the ECU and see if for some reason I got into limp mode but that wasn't the
case. Still hardly any boost or the boost isn't going anywhere. Just that whirring/ratteling noise at full accelleration followed
by the coke bottle whistle of the DV. This leads me to believe I have a vacuum leak somewhere but I have no clue where to look.
All the hoses seem on there tight and I can't see any problems or leaks.

Do you guys have any ideas at all? I am at the end of my rope because the car isn't any more fun to drive. It's like the lion
lost all it's teeth and it now drives like a Geo Metro not like a TT should.

Thanks for any input you might be able to give me.