General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Pre sense braking problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 02:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Pre sense braking problem

I have a new A3 etron with the pre sense braking feature. It has now activated itself on 3 different occasions when I have been overtaking a lorry on my inside but with nothing in front of me. Luckily on each occasion there was nothing close behind me otherwise an accident may have occurred. Has anyone else had a similar problem with this feature on any Audi model ?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:01 PM
1st Gear
Default audi presense braking

hi, ive got an A4 66 reg and have had very serious issues with the pre-sense safety software . its kick's the brake in on my car while driving around the local roads which is unnerving . but more serious is twice its kicked in at 30 mph and 60 mph. ive taken it back to the dealership and they would would not switch it off, just set it at its lowest sensitivity. i had a meeting with the Audi management and if it happens again they have agreed to change my car for the equivalent at no cost. satch899

Old 02-26-2019, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

My 2017 S5 has pre sense issues too. On several occasions while driving normally it has engaged and applied the brakes as in an emergency, once with a car on the opposite side of the road that was close but not seriously so and the other at a pedestrian refuge bollard. Scared me half to death, the dealer says they can't find a fault and Audi UK aren't interested. All the dealer told me was that the system must have detected a potential danger and acted accordingly.

I've driven past the bollard that set it off hundreds of times so it is at least inconsistent. I think it's dangerous but as I said, Audi UK aren't interested.

I for one won't be buying another Audi.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by OldNick
My 2017 S5 has pre sense issues too. On several occasions while driving normally it has engaged and applied the brakes as in an emergency, once with a car on the opposite side of the road that was close but not seriously so and the other at a pedestrian refuge bollard. Scared me half to death, the dealer says they can't find a fault and Audi UK aren't interested. All the dealer told me was that the system must have detected a potential danger and acted accordingly.

I've driven past the bollard that set it off hundreds of times so it is at least inconsistent. I think it's dangerous but as I said, Audi UK aren't interested.

I for one won't be buying another Audi.
hi, i spoke to one of the service engineer's at Audi Leicester a couple of weeks ago. he said it had happened to him four times in different Audi's . he said they were aware and were trying to find a update software cure. all i can suggest is you keep pressing them like me.i told the salesmen if it was not fixed soon i would be coming in for my money back . regards Paul.........ps please keep me informed of your progress....pps we could maybe trying getting in touch with bbc watchdog to see if they have any interest in following it up

Old 03-18-2019, 04:05 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 pre sense false alarms

ive got a 18 reg a4 sline avant. I had it in June 2018,by mid Oct it was in for problems with the heated wing mirrors and back window. It was finally sorted in December! Whilst it was in and out the dealership I raised concerns about the pre sense kicking in for no reason. I had no resolution and stupidly went on my way. Fast forward to March this year and it’s still an issue. Activating 2 days on the trot, different roads , both times between 30/40mph and most importantly no reason at all for it to happen. It’s down right dangerous. I hate it. I’ve been told for the 2nd time they can find no fault and my only options are to turn it off every journey or set it to late, which it has been since the first incident. It’s not good enough. I’m currently in a dispute with the dealership as they have my car and I’m refusing at the minute to collect it until they can suggest something better. My local dealer has dealt with this appallingly and even cancelled my courtesy car insurance with 2 hrs notice ! I’m screwed on getting to work tomorrow, but I will not collect my car until they basically refund my deposit and cancel the agreement. I’m interested in hearing others experiences so I can throw as much at them as possible

Old 07-24-2019, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

no, but I have a very good brake https://themotorsmasters.com/max-brakes-review/