General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What plugs & what sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Default What plugs & what sensor ?

Guys - I've got a 1988/89 Audi 80 Quattro - 1781cc 4 cylinder DZ engine with FI, all UK spec although I'm not sure if that makes any difference. Question is : What spark plugs do I use ? I'd rather use Bosch or other quality manufacturer, but don't know what spec. I don't really want to go to the local 'warehouse' car parts shop & spend three times as much as I need (again), for products that don't work. I've used a number of different aftermarket 'upgrade' plugs e.g. 3 electrode, 4 electrode etc but these are very expensive & I'm not convinced they are any better than stock. Any guidance appreciated

Also, there are 2 engine sensors which are wired to the cold start injector, (which doesn't run for long enough anymore to start easily in the winter) - what are these sensors called (so I can get replacements) and which is likely to be the sensor telling the cold start injector how long to run on a cold morning ? Many thanks