Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

A3 Exhaust - GReddy Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Default A3 Exhaust - GReddy Prototype

Well,

I have to thank both AF and GReddy for the opportunity to get a spank'n new exhaust for my A3. I signed up for the GReddy prototype exhaust request and had my car go under the knife today. They're making a G2 prototype exhaust for my car, then shipping the prototype to Japan for production. I'll then get the production unit fitted to my car for free, although that could take a little while, but worth it since it's free!!! I guess I'll just be a chip away then from having an all out race with T2T. j/k

The rest of you A3'rs can get the exhaust from them for around $700, and they say that it's pretty much a simple bolt on unit with a Cat-Back, stainless muffler and tips. Not a bad price compared to some others. Hopefully they will give my the Dyno results and I'll share sound clips when this all goes through.

Cheers!

Happy Chef

Old 05-10-2006, 02:55 AM
Default RE: A3 Exhaust - GReddy Prototype

Well, unfortunately they don't dyno the cars with the prototypes. Everything was done within 24 hours, so I'm hoping that the production piece goes quickly too, like in weeks and not months.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-10-2006, 04:00 AM
1st Gear

dammit i hate you... im so jealous, i tried to get them to take my car too, but they didn't need it then........ dam greddy bastards! lol jk. can't wait to see/ hear it when you get it... sometime at one of the meets i assume!?

Old 05-10-2006, 04:13 AM

I was totally excited to get the call about the exhaust! Sometimes life just goes your way.

Now I have no excuse to get the car chipped, although I might wait until the exhaust gets installed as to not alert my wife to any additional mods.

Now comes the sucky part, waiting.

I'll definitely be excited to show it off at the next GTG after the install.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

did they say anything about the tips? are they gonna stick to the oval? or go to dual tip look... my b5 got selected, and goes under on tuesday.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 AM

I didn't ask about the tips other than they would be stainless steel as well as the muffler. Please ask and post. I'm also interested in how far back they're going with the exhaust - like the down pipe, etc. and the diameter used. I think it's their G2 version Cat-Back exhaust. Questions you forget to ask during the drop-off.

Thanks and congratulations!

Chef

Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

i just did my drop off, i'll be sure to ask more questions durring the pickup.

The only question i asked was what the tips would be, and that the general feeling off the internet was that the oval outlet wasn't visually appealing. The guy i delt with and i assume you as well (chris), said that they're still unsure of the outlet, and they're testing various pipes in japan. whether he was blowing smoke up my *** or not, who knows.

I'll ask about the cat-back and diameter when i pickup, but i have a feeling i'll get many more "general" answers.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

forgot to ask about the diameter of the piping, but i doubt the guy would have known.

He told me a few months for the pipe to come out. the waiting begins.